Current College Students - Tax Co-op - Part Time: January 2019 - July 2019
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for--Part Time Tax Co-ops in Central New Jersey /--Pennsylvania.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.--
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Tax Co-op Program is an on-going program focused on providing college students with practical tax and business experience.-- It allows them to develop leadership skills, broaden their understanding of the concepts learned in school and "get a taste of the real world" before they are fully committed to it.-- The co-op program participants will be better able to apply concepts learned in the classroom and will be able to ask more poignant questions of their professors to further their goals and education.-- The Co-op program is one of the primary feeders for entrance into Johnson & Johnson's Tax Leadership Development Program (TLDP). The Tax Leadership Development Program (TLDP) is a two-year program designed specifically to prepare future generations of tax leaders within the Johnson & Johnson accounting and finance organization. Participants gain invaluable on-the-job experiences during two rotations just under twelve months each at various J&J business units, receive leadership and technical training, and thorough, recurring evaluations. There are six weeks of training over the course of the two-year program.-- Training covers all areas and competencies that are critical to success at J&J and is delivered through a combination of TLDP leadership, J&J executives, Tax and Finance management and external consultants.
This is the preferred starting point before entrance into the Johnson & Johnson's Tax Leadership Development Program (TLDP). Provides a great learning experience within an environment of many successful and dedicated tax professionals.-- Offers experience working for one of the largest and most successful healthcare companies. Develops technical, as well as business partnering and networking skills. Gives the chance to enhance time management skills, organization, and teamwork skills.
Co-op program participant roles and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of documentation supporting federal and state corporate income tax returns.
- Assisting with analysis of inter-company transactions, conducting verbal and written communication with tax and finance representatives from various J&J Companies, preparing schedules reconciling financial and tax transactions between J&J corporate entity and its affiliated companies.
- Assist in the consolidation of income tax provision true-up calculations prepared by J&J's affiliated companies.
- Assist in gathering of tax data in response to Information Document Requests (IDR) issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as part of the federal tax audit proceedings and by State Tax Authorities as part of the state tax audit proceedings.
- Support the domestic tax department's compliance with IRS tax filing due dates and other requirements.
- Ad-hoc projects and general tax department support:-- filing, copying, binding of documents, etc.
- Application of many different tax software programs:-- Microsoft Office, CORPTAX, GTW, etc. Engage in problem solving, active business partnering, and developing innovative methods to improve job metrics and processes.
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick , Current College Students - Tax Co-op - Part Time: January 2019 - July 2019, Accounting, Auditing , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!