Business Operations Manager
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a
single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative
medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world
in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience
and fibrosis.Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people
and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on
diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development.
Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive
work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and
perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and
transformative business results.Within the Product Development (PD)
division, the Portfolio Strategy and Integration (PSI) department
brings together business operations, project planning and
execution, and portfolio management with the vision of simplifying
how PD runs the business. The Product Development Operations (PDO)
group within PSI focuses on business operations, portfolio and
project management. The Business Operations Manager reports to the
Business Operations Lead, and the responsibilities of the
successful candidate fall into the following
- Partnering with HR and Finance to support PD Headcount
Management, which is inclusive of reporting monthly information for
headcount, on-boarding, turnover, and job requisition status. This
will require reconciling information and developing business
processes to maintain accurate, up-to-date data sources.
- Leading the development and management of resource utilization
information based on actual utilization time as well as partnering
with analytic functions to drive resource modeling and forecasting
efforts for PD. This will require developing and maintaining a
business process to keep information current within the staffing
data base that feeds utilization reporting.
- Managing and leading the PD Small Capital budget.
Responsibilities include managing and reporting information on
year-to-date spend, projections, and risks with a cross functional
team, and reporting to PD leadership and Finance.
- Supporting the management of PD performance metrics to increase
understanding of and improve operational effectiveness.
- Leading efforts to gather and provide information to support
benchmarking and other analytics related requests, such as McKinsey
CMC Benchmarking, KMR, Deloitte Tax Credit, etc.
- Serving as the PD point person for supporting space planning
efforts for central New Jersey.
- Supports other cyclical and short-term business operations
needs for PD.Experience/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant scientific
discipline with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in
pharmaceutical or related industry. Advanced degree or MBA a
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence,
negotiate, and drive organizational engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with multiple stakeholders and
facilitate consensus among cross-functional teams.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as
analytical and critical thinking skills. Experience with Tableau or
Spotfire a plus.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and executive-level
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in
a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Some project management experience with the ability to develop
clear action plans and drive execution to meet timelines and
deliver on commitments.
- Experience in business operations, structuring analytical
tools, and stakeholder and change managementBristol-Myers Squibb
recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work
environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits,
services and programs that provide our employees the resources to
pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Keywords: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, New Brunswick , Business Operations Manager, Accounting, Auditing , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!