Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a
Secretary I in Pediatric Rheumatology and Medical Genetics Division
at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
As the executive or senior level secretary, provides high level
confidential, secretarial services and assists with the
administrative activities of the offices for the Divisions of
Pediatric Rheumatology Medicine and Medical Genetics and other
divisions as needed. Coordinates the activities for assigned
projects and programs.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Performs a wide variety of typing assignments, including
correspondence, reports and recommendations, often of a
* Composes correspondence for signature. Uses various PC software
packages such as word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
produce high-quality documents. Creates tables, charts and graphs
* Determines work procedures; prepares work schedules and expedites
workflow. Evaluates secretarial, clerical procedures,
standards and institutes new or modified procedures.
* Answer phones and triage all calls for the divisions. Arranges
* Ensures physician medical licensure, including DEA and CDS and
other applicable certification are current according to
from hospital and medical school guidelines.
* Assists in the dissemination of information by email and or
telephone across divisions with regard to semi-annual faculty
effort reports, annual faculty evaluations, ethics training,
meetings and conferences, and any other mandated RUTGERS
requirements for all of both divisions and keeps copies of
* Submit payroll requests for all overtime worked by division
members. Prepares and submits travel advances and reimbursement
reports. Uses Marketplace for submission of purchase orders.
* Maintains supervisor's and/or department calendar, establishing
priorities and scheduling appointments at own discretion.
* Responsible for the compilation and dissemination of on call
schedules for both divisions.
* Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files and mailing
lists. Incumbent maintains divisional files including data on all
division members. Distributes mail for Division.
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , Secretary I, Administration, Clerical , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!