Office Assistant (PT)
Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Position InformationPosting SummaryRutgers, The State University of
New Jersey, is seeking a part-time Office Assistant for The School
of Arts and Sciences Deans Office.Among the key duties of this
position are the following:
- Assists in the recruitment of staff employees by scheduling
interviews (telephone, WebEx, in-person, group, etc), including
determining the availability of search committee members, space,
logistics (including travel and lodging if necessary); provides
both candidate and search committee/hiring manager with necessary
materials in a timely manner; Prepares and sends No Thank You
notices; facilitates the schedules for new hire onboarding, SAS New
Hire Orientation, and any training and meetings as identified.
- Assists in the planning, execution and wrap up of events,
meetings, training programs, presentations, etc. securing facility,
necessary equipment, set-up, food/beverage, etc; Prepares, sends
and manages the invitation and rsvp systems; researches and
purchases any necessary materials, etc for the event/program;
prepares and circulates agenda and/or meeting/program materials;
sets-up facility; manages sign-in and program items throughout
meeting; assists with break-down of space and transport of
materials back to office etc.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties in support of the
SAS HR group.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as
assigned.QualificationsMinimum Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or up to 4 years of
relevant office, clerical, bookkeeping, library assistant or
related experience depending on the duties to be performed.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be
substituted for the experience requirement.Preferred Qualifications
- Prior HR and/or HR systems experience preferredRequired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, web based systems, Outlook
email and ability to learn new databases/systems upon request
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Valid Drivers license.Equipment Utilized
- Utilizes basic office equipment i.e. PC, printer, photocopier,
scanner, etc.Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.Special Conditions
- May be some evening and weekend duties as required.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business
demands; a valid drivers license would be required for this
- Because of the nature of the materials handled with this
assignment, a confidentiality waiver will need to be signed by the
individual hired into this position.Recruitment/Posting Title:
Office Assistant (PT)Posting Number: 19TM1749Department: SAS -
Dean's OfficePosition Status: Part TimeHours Per Week: 19.5Daily
Work Shift: DayFLSA: NonexemptPosition Salary:
$15.00-18.00/hrPayroll Designation: PeopleSoftTerms of Appointment:
Temporary Staff Appointment - HourlyPosting Open Date:
11/22/2019Posting Close Date: 12/22/2019Open Until Filled:
NoRegional Campus: Rutgers University-New BrunswickHome Location
Campus: Livingston (RU-New Brunswick)
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , Office Assistant (PT), Administration, Clerical , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!