Principal Network Engineer
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are a diverse team supporting all core
networking functions for an automotive aftermarket retailer. - We
work closely with the computer and end user support teams to
provide the best user experience possible. - Worldpac is currently
bringing aboard our sister company, Autopart International using
Cisco Meraki technologies. - Worldpac is also in an exciting phase
of re-invention of its existing branches and distribution centers
using newer technologies such as Cisco SD-Wan (Viptela), DNA
Center, Umbrella DNS/SIG and upgrading to Cisco Wireless. - The
Principal Network Engineer will have a critical role in the company
and will be called upon to perform the highest level of
troubleshooting and configuration of our Cisco centric network. -
We are looking for someone with strong Cisco networking foundations
who is willing to learn and grow with our dedicated and hardworking
team to advance our vision. - They can be located near our Dallas,
TX, Sacramento, CA and New Brunswick, NJ locations. Roles and
- Identify and resolve any network related issues in the Worldpac
- Monitor network performance, security, and integrity.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all network
switches, routers and firewalls. This includes applying IOS
upgrades along with configuration changes and troubleshooting
software/hardware issues. Cisco Catalyst 2960, Catalyst 9300, and
Nexus 9000 series switches. Cisco ISR4000 and ASR1000 and 1001-X
series routes. Cisco ISR 1100 4G/6g (Viptela OS) Routers.
- Design and modify the network to meet the needs of new projects
- Maintain and administer existing Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Maintain and administer new Cisco wireless controllers.
- Assist with new InfoBlox DDI infrastructure.
- Assist with new Cisco DNA Center installation for device
- Working knowledge and understanding of Viptela/Cisco
- Conducts network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose
complex network loops, asymmetric routes, and other problems.
- Collaborate with Server and iSeries teammates to assist with
network tasks for their projects.
- With minor supervision, implements solutions that have limited
- Creates and maintains network documentation and diagrams as
needed when assets are added or removed.
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware in
accordance with Change Management processes.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as
well as strong project management, negotiation, and relationship
management skills.Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or
related discipline. CCNA/CCNP required. CCIE desired.
- Deep technical experience and strong command of industry trends
and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Must have good understanding of Network Industry Standards and
Network Security Practices.
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and
assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and
architectural implementation of projects
- Ability to work off hours for changes that would adversely
- Ability to be on an on-call rotation with other team
- Proven track record to translate business requirements into
solutions and implementing significant IT infrastructure projects
on schedule and budget
- 10+ years of hands-on and progressive experience in Cisco
network Infrastructure Technologies.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and
advanced problem-solving skills. Experience with the following
- Advanced TCP/IP
- Routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, OMP
- Cisco/Viptela SD-Wan, templatingExperience in the following
platforms also helpful
- Cisco DNAC
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco WLC
- F5 Big-IP
Keywords: WORLDPAC, New Brunswick , Principal Network Engineer, Engineering , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!