Senior Network Engineer
Company: Micro-Data Systems Inc.
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Senior Network Engineer
Administers and supports the Healthcare System's network
infrastructure as it pertains to the wide area network (WAN) and
local area networks (LAN). Directly responsible for complex network
switch, server, and IP protocol (DNS, DHCP, WINS, FTP, RDP, SMTP,
SNMP, etc.), configuration, support, and troubleshooting. Maintains
maximum availability of all LAN/WAN system components. Ensures all
networks switches and related equipment are appropriately
configured and compatible with existing network architecture.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, with advanced technology training
in network infrastructure and communications.
- Min 8 Years in network technology related position.
- Problem solving, logic, project management, excellent verbal
and written skills, ability to function in high stress
- Occasional lifting of server/switch equipment, UPS devices
Essential Position Requirements
- Oversees LAN Administrator and assures network wiring closets
are properly maintained with adequate power protection,
ventilation, frequent dust extraction, and documentation.
- Configures and installs all network switches and servers in
coordination with LAN Administrator, Director of Network and Data
Center Services, and Service Desk Manager.
- Maintains robust wireless infrastructure that accommodates the
needs of clinicians, employees, visitors, and patients while
maintaining a secure computing environment.
- Secures network endpoints through the use of firewalls,
security appliances, and other software applications/utilities to
ensure patient information is not compromised.
- Manages the documentation and network availability of all
network equipment, consisting of hubs, switches, servers, routers,
wireless access points, and remote communication devices, across
the enterprise. Maximum network availability is primary function of
- Tests functionality of all new equipment with existing
- Manages IP addressing schemes, VLANS, and VRRP gateway
configurations to ensure accuracy of documentation and reliability
of network subnets.
- Ensures critical network devices are covered under maintenance
agreements, by cross referencing device serial numbers with active
contracts in coordination with respective vendor and Director of
network and Data Center Services.
- Monitors all critical network equipment for correct
- Analyzes and recommends network infrastructure additions and
modifications in order to provide for enhanced performance,
redundancy, and uptime.
- Performs all activities required to maintain maximum
availability of the local area, wireless, and wide area networks
throughout the system.
- Responsible for special projects and assignments as assigned by
the Director of Network and Data Center Services.
- Maintains skill sets through advanced technical training on
current and new network technologies.
- Maintains, including installing upgrades and patches, for the
Microsoft Exchange e-mail servers to ensure high availability and
uptime, including web and remote user access.
- Analyzes current e-mail server resources to ensure adequate
room for growth and application development.
- Keeps all servers up to date with latest patches, and software
- Implements new e-mail features and rolls out to organization
(i.e., Internet Mail, etc.)
- Develops and maintains Email disaster recovery procedures and
ensures e-mail backup methods are stable and reliable.
Keywords: Micro-Data Systems Inc., New Brunswick , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...