Associate Director, Program Management
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: February 24, 2021
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science.--In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference. Position: Associate
Director, GPS Program Management Direct Manager: Executive
Director, GPS PMO Location: New Brunswick, NJ Bristol-Myers Squibb
is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to
discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on
helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such
as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis. Join us
and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them
with a work environment that places a premium on diversity,
integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a
culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work
environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and
perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and
transformative business results. Position Function: Leads
development and execution of program/project plans for the Global
Product Development & Supply (GPS) strategic Change-the-Business
(CTB) portfolio and select strategic Run-the-Business (RTB)
programs/projects. Lead and direct complex, cross-functional,
multi-site teams and workstreams, ensuring comprehensive planning
and optimal execution of plans. Assignments may include team
leadership, and operational responsibilities for governance and
teams. Ensure interactions and timely collaboration with GPS
ecosystem, functional and site Project Management Offices (PMOs),
key stakeholders and supporting functions. Proactively identify and
facilitate risks, mitigations, resolution and escalation of issues,
tracking and communicating status to stakeholder including
leadership team. Managing program/projects and teams with
integrity, passion, innovation, accountability, urgency and
inclusion. Major Responsibilities: Lead planning and execution of
integrated, complex plans and teams as program/project manager.
Position may also provide management for to strategic GPS programs
& projects, governance, and/or Global Operations asset-focused team
and other critical initiatives as defined by GPS management.
Programs/Projects may include, but are not limited to, those
identified during the annual strategy planning process, strategic
run-the-business initiatives, transformation, integration, due
diligence, business continuity, product launches, major change
management, Quality & Compliance, Established Brands, Operations,
Product Development, Supply Chain, and significant regulatory
activities. Strategic GPS program/project management
responsibilities (in addition to major responsibilities above):
- Leads program/project activities including kickoff meetings,
recurring status meetings, executive sponsor meetings, reporting,
risk tracking, steering committee meetings, and conflict
- Develops and drives detailed plans, identifying critical path
and timing while meeting strategic intent and achieving key
- Manage resources to attain program/project deliverables and
coordinate project communication for all stakeholders. Provide
program-level leadership and direction to project managers when
- Ensure problem solving and decision making addressing major
risks and issues by identifying, documenting, resolving,
communicating or escalating to senior leadership when
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to manage
- Drive consistency in project management tools and templates in
line with PMO best practices.
- Plan/Execute change management strategy and plan.
- Influence key stakeholders, develop project communications
strategy, approach and plan.
- Proactively drive scenario analyses to manage potential impact
on plans and timelines and recommend strategic direction to
- Foster diverse/inclusive high performing teams and maintain
strong relationships with operational and functional
- B.S. in science or technical discipline, advanced degree
- PMP certification highly desirable.
- Understanding of cGMPs and regulatory CMC.
- 12 years business experience, 8 years in BioPharma operational
or development discipline, including demonstrated 5 years of
experience managing projects.
- Experience in project/program management of complex projects
involving cross-functional, multi-site, international teams.
- Proficiency with project management and Microsoft tools, e.g.
Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Ability to achieve results and exercise influence across a
global matrix organization (e.g., operations, manufacturing
technology, quality, supply chain, finance, R&D).
- Ability to work independently with high level of
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and have the
ability to deal effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills, well organized and capable of
managing multiple projects with respect to priorities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and discernment and be
comfortable to operate where erroneous decisions will have serious
impact on the overall success of programs/projects.
- Ability to interact internally and externally with executive
level management, requiring negotiation of potentially difficult
and sensitive matters to influence policy making bodies both
internally and externally.
- Familiarity with financial principles, core business concepts,
and business and operations management.
- Ability to develop business analysis and reporting. Around the
world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of
patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual
talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our
shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability,
inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of
our colleagues. Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of
balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide
variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide
our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at
work and in their personal lives. W e're creatinginnovative
medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We're also
nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging
career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a
contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Keywords: Bristol-Myers Squibb, New Brunswick , Associate Director, Program Management, Executive , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!