Administrative Assistant - Rutgers Dept of Oncology (FT)
Company: RWJBarnabas Health
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 12, 2020
The Administrative Assistant will provide high-quality
administrative and project support to the Vice Present and other
members of the senior leadership team of the Department of Oncology
and will be responsible for performing a number of high level
office administration duties. S/he will analyze administrative
operations and strategies in order to suggest and implement
improved work methods and systems. The Administrative Assistant
will oversee and coordinate all of the offices administrative
activities including, but not limited to, organizing meetings,
creating presentations and managing databases. The Administrative
Assistant must be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate
effectively. Furthermore, s/he must be able to anticipate and
address the needs of the Oncology Leadership team and their clients
and perform administrative tasks to ensure the department s
workflow runs smoothly. The Administrative Assistant must possess
strong initiative and independent judgment with frequent access to
confidential and highly complex information. The ability to
interact effectively with all levels of employees, clients and
vendors is a key element of this position.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls,
greeting visitors, responding to emails, managing calendars, and
interfacing with internal and external customers
- Prepare internal and external documents (presentations,
reports, spreadsheets, letters, etc.) as needed
- Manage complex schedules and coordinates meetings with internal
and external parties utilizing multiple calendars determine
importance of meeting requests and schedules accordingly.
- Coordinate staff meetings, conferences and other meetings as
- Arrange travel and all accommodations including comprehensive
and detailed itineraries.
- Manage meeting room and required equipment needed based on
meeting purpose and type.
- Partner with key stakeholders to maintain office policies as
- Organize office operations and procedures and maintain an
organized system of paper and electronic documents
- Maintain department organization charts, phone lists, and
reporting relationship tools.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Research and analyze data to prepare documents for review and
- Help prepare for meetings
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and distributing
them as needed
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies, managing
a records database, and timekeeping
- Proven experience (minimally 2- 3 years) in handling a wide
range of administrative and executive support related tasks and
able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Well organized, flexible and prefers the administrative
challenges of supporting an office of diverse teams.
- Associate s degree in Business of related field required
Bachelor s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Solid experience with office management systems and MS
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
- Experience using various types of office equipment.
- Strong technical knowledge of hardware (personal computer, PC
peripherals and copy machinery) and software (ie: MS Office/MS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery
system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private
employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and
1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care
hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading
pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized
Keywords: RWJBarnabas Health, New Brunswick , Administrative Assistant - Rutgers Dept of Oncology (FT), Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!