Laboratory Director (New Brunswick, NJ)
Company: Job Juncture
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: April 30, 2021
We are looking for a Laboratory Director to work with a
bioscience company focused on developing non-invasive tests that
predict prostate and bladder cancers. This person will be the
visible leader of the company's laboratories, acting as the primary
liaison between clinical laboratory administration, senior
corporate management (“C-Suite”), laboratory staff, regulatory
agencies, and others.
- Collaborate with the Chief Scientific Officer, Chief Executive
Officer, and other Company management to oversee the daily
operations of the laboratory and its personnel, including technical
and scientific operation of the laboratory, testing accuracy and
methodology, laboratory conditions, and hiring/training personnel
to ensure testing is properly performed in accordance with Company
policies and procedures and all applicable local, state and federal
laws, regulations and requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of testing systems
(policy and procedures) for monitoring pre-analytic, analytic, and
post-analytic phases of testing that meets quality
indicators/performance indicators for all aspects of test and
analytical performance, and as required by state and federal
regulatory agencies (e.g., CLEP, CLIA & FDA).
- Provide oversight of laboratory performance, including TAT,
days and times of service, evaluation, development, validation, and
final approval of test methods and procedures. Closely
monitors initial implementation of new methods and systems and
timely resolution of technical problems.
- Ensure laboratory-implemented testing adheres to established
and approved SOPs and quality control policies as required to
obtain accurate and reliable results.
- Oversee laboratory management and ensure all laboratory testing
procedures and activities remain current on laboratory regulatory
and compliance requirements, including implementing changes to meet
- Will be responsible for occasional travel to an additional
laboratory site in New Brunswick, NJ
Education and Experience:
- Possession of a current Ph.D. degree in Oncology, Molecular
Biology, or related field or MD with 1 year of lab training during
medical residency AND 2 years experience directing or supervising
high complexity testing.
- Current NYS CLEP Certificate of Qualification in the category
of Oncology – Molecular and Cellular Tumor Marker is
- A minimum of (5) years of relevant experience. Leadership,
management, and supervisory experience are required.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques/assays and
in-depth understanding of real-time PCR analysis.
- Ability to identify, investigate and resolve problems within
the clinical laboratory.
- Detailed knowledge of laboratory operations.
Keywords: Job Juncture, New Brunswick , Laboratory Director (New Brunswick, NJ), Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!