Expanded Duty Dental Assistant
Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking an
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant for the Department of Oral and
Maxillofacial Surgery within the Rutgers, School of Dental Medicine
(RSDM). Under direction of the Program Director, the Expanded Duty
Dental Assistant will assist dentists and residents with dental
procedures and patient treatment. Provides assistance during
general anesthesia, cosmetic surgical procedures and implant
dentistry procedures. Carries out a variety of general office
receptionist assignments, including front desk and data entry.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Identifies and pulls selected equipment, instruments and supplies
needed for oral maxillofacial surgical procedures.
* Prepares and sets up work area and operatory for the scheduled
procedure including turnovers, cleaning, restocking, inventory and
ordering of supplies and instruments on a regular basis.
* Escorts patients from waiting area to operatory and prepares
patients for procedure (e.g. draping, positioning, witnessing
patient consent and organizing instrumentation prior to
* Checks and records vital signs in patients' charts (e.g. pulse,
blood pressure, temperature, respiration and weight) prior to
* Prepares I.V. cases and implants for insertion.
* Protects airways during anesthesia by suctioning and proper
positioning of head and chin.
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , Expanded Duty Dental Assistant, Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!