Pharmacy Tech - Per-diem Evenings
Company: Saint Peter's Healthcare System
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSaint Peter's is seeking a Pharmacy Tech to join
their team.As the Pharmacy Tech you will:
- Assist the Pharmacists in preparation of medication pursuant to
a written prescription order or approved requisition.
- Prepare individual patient medication cassettes under the
Pharmacist's supervision and exchanges same, as directed, on a
- Participate in the control of medication by monitoring
inventories, retrieving discontinued medications, etc.
- Make regularly scheduled rounds to assigned Nursing
Units/treatment areas, delivers completed medications and picks up
requisitions/medication orders to be processed.
- Operates the Robot-Rx in an efficient, error-free, and safe
manner in order to pick medications as part of the dispensing
- Assists Pharmacist in the preparation of sterile products.
- Repackages of bulk medications into unit dose containers
utilizing (ex, tablets in vials and liquids in bottles) or other
appropriate pharmacy repackaging equipment
- Performs the clerical portion of the controlled substance
replenishment system for the pharmacist's review and approval.
Delivers controlled substances to assigned Nursing units/treatment
areas under the Pharmacist's direction.
- Maintains, updates, and replaces the Hospital's supply of
medication in emergency carts. Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a pharmacy
technician in New Jersey
- Ability to read, write and speak English well enough to follow
detailed instructions as well as to communicate with Pharmacists,
Nurses, and other Hospital Personnel, as required.
- Competence in basic pharmaceutical nomenclature (generic vs.
proprietary names), related mathematical skills and general
pharmaceutical principles. This level of proficiency is usually
acquired through previous Pharmacy, laboratory or other related
experience or completion of a formalized training program.
- The ability to recognize the professional nature of the
Department of Pharmaceutical Services and to integrate appropriate
standards to the performance of all tasks.Grade 112
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Saint Peter's Healthcare System, New Brunswick , Pharmacy Tech - Per-diem Evenings, Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!