Clinical Nurse III
Company: RWJ Barnabas
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Job Summary Functions as the primary nurse for pediatric
patients and their families with rehabilitative nursing care needs.
Acts as a role model and teacher to colleagues. Essential Job
Functions * Serves as a role model and expert in pediatric
rehabilitation. Incorporates LPNs and nursing assistants into
attainment of short-term goals and delegates appropriately.
* Demonstrates proficiency in use of the nursing process within
time frames defined by the hospital and departmental policy.
Recognizes and accurately identifies potential and rapidly changing
patient and family health care needs.
* Recognizes and accurately identifies infrequently occurring and
complex phenomenon specifically related to pediatric rehabilitation
* Distinguishes his/her role as a primary nurse functioning in a
team structure. Promotes continuity of nursing care and
interdisciplinary interventions. Arranges for appropriate coverage
prior to scheduled absences.
* Plans, implements and evaluates pediatric rehab plans for
patients with a variety of problems. Recognizes and respects
patient/family rights in a culturally and religiously sensitive
environment of care.
* Plans and implements appropriate and individualized patient and
family education for complex patients within time frames defined by
hospital and departmental policy.
* Requests guidance from CNIV, Educators, and other resources when
appropriate. Supports hospital policies and procedures.
* Consistently appraises clinical performance and learning needs
through self-evaluation. Exhibits consistent professional behavior
and is accountable for actions with regard to professional
* Effectively functions as relief charge nurse, assistant nurse
manager/nurse manager and nursing supervisor. Keeps supervisor
informed of patient needs and problems. Demonstrates effective
problem solving skills.
* Guides, assists and serves as a role model for CNI, CNII, LPNs,
nurse externs, nursing assistants and nursing students. Acts as
preceptor of new staff and externs. Assists Clinical Education
Specialists with orientation and extern program. Formal Education
and Job-Related Experience * Graduate of National League of Nursing
Accredited School of Nursing.
* Minimum of 3 years of pediatric rehabilitative nursing
* Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
* Evidence of interpersonal skill and ability to collaborate with
others. Certification * American Heart Association (AHA) BLS
Provider Certification required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification or eligible.
If not certified at hire, expectation to receive certification
within one year of hire. License Current New Jersey RN license.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments N/A Job Specific
Contacts Continual contact with patients, families, visitors and
all hospital departments and staff. Physical Demands Pediatric
inpatient care areas. Working Environment - Additional Comments
Contact with medications, chemicals and equipment. Physical stamina
and ability to safely lift and move objects and people. Job
Provides Direction To N/A Additional Comments N/A RWJBarnabas
Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: RWJ Barnabas, New Brunswick , Clinical Nurse III, Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!