Behavioral Health Technician
Company: SOBA New Jersey
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Title: Behavioral Health Technician
Report to: Director of Operations
Location: 23/33 Duke St New Brunswick NJ 08901
Employment Type: Full-time
Directly supervise and stabilize substance abuse clients in the
detox unit and report to the Recovery Technician Supervisor.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assisting RN with tasks as needed and within scope of
- Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide
- Implement therapeutic activities and facilitate development of
independent living skills.
- Report any concerns and/or client behavior to the recovery
technician supervisor and/or nurse on duty.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the units, including room cleaning
upon discharge of client and ensure the proper use of equipment and
- Screen clients' belongings and/or persons upon admission and
routinely as needed.
- Fill out intake paperwork with clients when they enter the
- Monitor what is needed for the business office and client
spaces for inventory.
- Enter information at the end of each shift in the shift report
log on the computer.
- Monitor scheduled and random urine screens.
- Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by
- Work as a team player with staff members
- Deliver exceptional service consistently to every
- Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the professional Code
of Conduct and HIPPA.
- Provide group facilitation.
- Follow program schedule and oversee clients are following the
- Room checks make sure all clients are accounted for.
- Daily client room searches.
- Must have at least two (2) years sober if in recovery
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have experience working in substance abuse industry.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. In the course
of performing this job, one typically spends time sitting, walking,
standing, driving, listening, speaking, typing, reading and
writing. In addition, an employee may be asked to carry or lift up
to 20 lbs.
Keywords: SOBA New Jersey, New Brunswick , Behavioral Health Technician, Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!