Residential Therapist I (Full Time)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: Belle Mead
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Residential Therapist I (Full Time)
East Mountain Youth Lodge Adm
HMH Carrier Clinic Inc
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
On-Call Commitment Required
No Holidays Required
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At
Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better,
healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a
culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning.
It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for
our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our
mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive
change. The Residential Therapist I provides clinical and
therapeutic services to East Mountain Youth Lodge residents and
their families. Completes Joint Care Reviews and Strength and Needs
assessments with all documentation in adherence to all
A day in the life of a Residential Therapist I at HMH/Carrier
Clinic includes: 1. Completes relevant social assessment.
2. Provides individual, group and family therapy for residents of
the East Mountain Youth Lodge.
3. Acts as liaison to school therapists regarding coordination of
4. Works closely with Residential Counselors/Technicians to develop
treatment goals and strategies for assigned residents.
5. In conjunction with the Clinical Supervisor, writes treatment
plans in accordance with licensing standards.
6. Writes joint care reviews and strength and needs assessments
according to requirements.
7. Maintains up-to-date, accurate written record of all client and
8. Works closely with residential psychiatrist to manage
medication, obtains informed consent from client and parents, and
ensures that all releases and clinical documentation is completed
and in order.
9. Arranges all family contact and furloughs and documents this
weekly in communication/pass books.
10. Attends staff meetings, reports on residents' treatment and
educates staff to better deliver services to clients.
11. Meets weekly for clinical supervision.
12. Writes discharge summaries, letters, contracts and any other
clinical documentation required.
13. Develops a comprehensive after care recommendation.
14. Works professionally and cooperatively with all hospital staff
15. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of referral and support
16. Maintains contact with sending districts, Child Study Teams,
private therapists and agencies such as DCPP, CMO, probation
courts, etc. Facilitates Managed Care Certification when
17. Carries a pager one week in a rotation and is on-call for
clinical guidance and coverage when necessary.
18. Models the 5 C standards of behavior.
19. Maintains standards of behavior as established in the
Organizational Ethics and Codes of Conduct Policy
20. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Meets
or exceeds expectations of patients, hospital and staff members, in
person or via the telephone in the course of performing assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: 1. Master's
degree in Social Work or Counseling.
2. Minimum 2 years clinical field placement or relevant work
experience with adolescents.
3. For the BHSU Assigned Residential Therapist I must have the
Master's level therapist licensed to practice in NJ including LSW
or LAC who will achieve
full independent licensure in the timeframe required by the
appropriate licensing board and is
practicing under the supervision of a NJ independently licensed
therapist. Therapist must also have either an LCADC/CADC or at
least three years' experience* providing SUD treatment for youth.
LCADC who does not hold a mental health license does not
*The requisite SUD treatment experience with youth should
demonstrate the 1) use of integrated assessment approach that
results in highly individualized and holistic treatment plans; 2)
the use of trauma informed evidence-based practices that assist
youth and young adults in identifying and changing patterns of
behavior related to substance use; 3) the delivery of
psycho-educational groups supportive of age appropriate pro-social
learning, problem solving, life-skill development, and coping
strategies. 4. Ability to perform psychosocial assessments and
develop treatment plans.
5. Knowledge of crisis intervention theory and its application in a
variety of medical settings.
6. Knowledge of psychopathology and differential diagnosis and
Licenses and Certifications Required: 1. New Jersey Licensed Social
Worker (LSW) or New Jersey Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC). 2.
Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
3. AHA HeartSaver First Aid CPR AED Certification, or completed
within the first 90 days of employment. If you feel the above
description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities,
then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, New Brunswick , Residential Therapist I (Full Time), Healthcare , Belle Mead, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!