Nurse Practitioner (FT) - Corporate Care - New Brunswick
Company: Saint Barnabas Health Care System
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 4, 2019
NURSE PRACTITIONER (FT) - CORPORATE CARE - NEW BRUNSWICK
Job Number: REQ39159-POS72486
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
Barnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for performing duties independently following established and standardized procedures and methods referring questionable situations to physician. The NP provides primary health care through assessment, diagnosis, clinical judgment and management to restore, maintain and improve the health status of patients. In addition, the NP is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e.damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
* Administers injections, immunizations and oral medications, starts IV.
* Assists physician by recording patient progress notes, issues diagnostic orders, and transcribes orders.
* Assists with various counseling and education functions.
* Billing for patient services based on CMS and NJ State Board Regulations.
* Demonstrates satisfactory knowledge and judgment to provide appropriate care for patients.
* Develops plan of care for patients in coordination with multidisciplinary team and completes appropriate reports to physicians and family.
* Documents and maintains patient records of services provided according to facility and nursing standards.
* Establishes a collaborative relationship with other medical providers.
* Examines patients to determine presence of illness, utilizing physical findings, laboratory results, medical history, ascertains nature and extent of illness and prescribes treatments as indicated.
* Interviews, instructs and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
* Issues prescriptions to patients based on Federal & State Regulations.
* Orders and reviews appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Reviews all lab data and documents.
* Participates in the development of protocols.
* Performs and obtains a completed medical history and physical data on patients with appropriate documentation and findings.
* Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
* Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
* Responsible for coordinating nursing and training programs on compliant for policies such as HIPPA, OSHA, Code of Conduct.
* Responsible for maintaining the quality and adequacy of nursing practice.
* Reviews and audits charts routinely.
* Sutures wounds, incise and drains wounds, repairs lacerations.
* Works in collaboration with a physician to diagnose conditions as necessary.
* Master s degree in Nursing required.
* Registered Professional Nurse with current NJ state license; CDS and DEA.
* CPR certification.
* NP Certification.
* Three to five years of work experience as a professional nurse.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Saint Barnabas Health Care System, New Brunswick , Nurse Practitioner (FT) - Corporate Care - New Brunswick, Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!