PICU RN - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Nurse - 292090
Company: Nurses 24/7
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Nurses are Registered Nurses that specialize in the care and treatment of critically ill infants, children and adolescence. A PICU nurses must have extensive knowledge in Anatomy and Physiology, common childhood diseases, conditions, physical and psychosocial developmental milestones. The PICU nurse must be self-directed and have good interpersonal and communication skills. They are responsible for assessment, monitoring, and care planning, administering medication and coordinating treatment. They educate and offer emotional support to patient and family. Two year recent PICU experience required as well as BCLS and Pals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, keeping track of acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR and ACLS certification.
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify) Associated topics: asn, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, infusion, maternal, nurse rn, registered nurse, staff nurse
Keywords: Nurses 24/7, New Brunswick , PICU RN - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Nurse - 292090, Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!