Company: RWJBarnabas Health
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: April 4, 2019
NURSE PRACTITIONER (PD) - CORPORATE CARE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH -
CENTRAL REGION (SOMERSET, NEW BRUNSWICK, AND LONG BRANCH NJ)
Job Number: REQ41585-POS73792
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery
system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million
people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals - Clara
Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in
Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth
Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern
Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark,
RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH-
Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in
Livingston; three acute care children's hospitals and a leading
pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized
Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma
centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers,
geriatric centers, the state's largest behavioral health network,
comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness
centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site
imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
Barnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice
comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and
specialty care physicians. Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians
provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people
at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently
located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of
resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit
integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the
largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly
trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for performing duties
independently following established and standardized procedures and
methods referring questionable situations to physician. The NP
provides primary health care through assessment, diagnosis,
clinical judgment and management to restore, maintain and improve
the health status of patients. In addition, the NP is responsible
for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous
environments (i.e.damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured
areas) and medical errors.
* Administers injections, immunizations and oral medications,
* Assists physician by recording patient progress notes, issues
diagnostic orders, and transcribes orders.
* Assists with various counseling and education functions.
* Billing for patient services based on CMS and NJ State Board
* Demonstrates satisfactory knowledge and judgment to provide
appropriate care for patients.
* Develops plan of care for patients in coordination with
multidisciplinary team and completes appropriate reports to
physicians and family.
* Documents and maintains patient records of services provided
according to facility and nursing standards.
* Establishes a collaborative relationship with other medical
* Examines patients to determine presence of illness, utilizing
physical findings, laboratory results, medical history, ascertains
nature and extent of illness and prescribes treatments as
* Interviews, instructs and advises patients regarding health and
illness prevention. Instructs patient and family regarding
medications and treatment instructions.
* Issues prescriptions to patients based on Federal & State
* Orders and reviews appropriate laboratory and diagnostic
procedures. Reviews all lab data and documents.
* Participates in the development of protocols.
* Performs and obtains a completed medical history and physical
data on patients with appropriate documentation and findings.
* Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in
* Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician
* Responsible for coordinating nursing and training programs on
compliant for policies such as HIPPA, OSHA, Code of Conduct.
* Responsible for maintaining the quality and adequacy of nursing
* Reviews and audits charts routinely.
* Sutures wounds, incise and drains wounds, repairs
* Works in collaboration with a physician to diagnose conditions as
* Master's degree in Nursing required.
* Registered Professional Nurse with current NJ state license; CDS
* CPR certification.
* NP Certification.
* Three to five years of work experience as a professional
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: RWJBarnabas Health, New Brunswick , Nurse Practitioner , Healthcare , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!