Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position DetailsRecruitment/Posting Title Business Intelligence
(BI) DeveloperJob Category Staff & Executive - Information
TechnologyDepartment OIT-Enterprise Application
ServicesOverviewRutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a
leading national research university and the state of New Jersey's
preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education.
Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in
2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education
institution in the United States. More than 70,800 students and
27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at
Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.Rutgers
University-New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the
state's most comprehensive intellectual resource-the flagship
campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as
designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the
region's most high-profile public research institution and a
leading national research center with a global impact.Posting
SummaryRutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer for the Office of Information
Technology (OIT) Enterprise Application Services (EAS). The BI
Developer reports to Associate Director within OIT-EAS, this
position is a hands-on technical role. The position works closely
with stakeholders to discuss organizational needs and gather
- Among the key duties of this position
are the following:
- Designs, develops and implements Business Intelligence based
reporting/dashboard solutions (i.e. Oracle Analytics Cloud
reporting, Oracle BI Publisher reporting, Tableau reporting) to
address business questions and improve business outcomes.
- Partners with various IT personnel and stakeholders in
identifying required data elements.
- Plays a key role in the architecture, delivery and governance
of reporting and data delivery.evangelize
- Provides support as a BI subject matter expert and are
responsible for ensuring that Rutgers creates and adheres to
Business Intelligence best practices and principles.Position Status
Full TimeHours Per WeekDaily Work Shift DayFLSA ExemptGrade
08Position SalaryAnnual Minimum Salary 101923.000Annual Mid Range
Salary 128930.000Annual Maximum Salary 155939.000Standard Hours
37.50Union Description Admin Assembly (MPSC)Payroll Designation
PeopleSoftBenefitsInformation about the benefits provided to
Rutgers employees can be found at:
UnitTerms of Appointment Staff - 12 monthPosition Pension
Eligibility ABPMinimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience of BI
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices in data visualization and Business
Intelligence, including but not limited to cutting-edge software
features and capabilities of Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle BI
Publisher and Tableau.
- Experience using BI reporting solutions including
troubleshooting issues and explaining functionality to business
- Experience developing content for and delivering training to
others on the use of Oracle Analytics Cloud, Tableau or similar
Business Intelligence solution.
- Experience with ETL tools or performing ETL processes.
- Strong aptitude for enhancing and automating queries from data
sources such as relational databases and flat files.
- Experience analyzing data from large datasets, using geospatial
and/or statistical analysis tools.
- Extensive experience developing and delivering BI reporting
training, managing and tracking end user requests and
troubleshooting BI reporting solution issues.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with
business customers, and technical teams.Preferred
- Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle BI Publisher, Tableau, and ETL
tools.Physical Demands and Work EnvironmentSpecial Conditions
- Multiple vacancies.Posting Number 20ST2363Posting Open Date
12/24/2020Special Instructions to ApplicantsRegional Campus Rutgers
University-New BrunswickHome Location Campus Off CampusLocation
Details1 Worlds Fair Drive, Somerset NJSupplemental
QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent
combination of education and relevant experience?
- * Do you have a minimum of four (4) years of experience of BI
- NoApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of ApplicationOptional Documents
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , Business Intelligence (BI) Developer, IT / Software / Systems , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!