Senior Principal Software Engineer, R&D
Company: Manhattan Associates
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: May 12, 2019
MANHATTAN DESIGNS, BUILDS AND DELIVERS MARKET-LEADING SUPPLY CHAIN
COMMERCE SOLUTIONS FOR ITS CUSTOMERS AROUND THE WORLD. WE HELP
DRIVE THE COMMERCE REVOLUTION WITH UNMATCHED INSIGHT AND UNRIVALED
TECHNOLOGY, CONNECTING FRONT-END REVENUE AND RELATIONSHIPS WITH
BACK-END EXECUTION AND EFFICIENCY OPTIMIZED ON A COMMON TECHNOLOGY
PLATFORM. THIS PLATFORM-BASED APPROACH IS ENABLING LEADING
COMPANIES ACROSS THE GLOBE TO GET CLOSER TO THEIR CUSTOMERS AND
ACHIEVE REAL-WORLD RESULTS.
WHAT DRIVES US
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan
Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to FOCUS ON THE
CUSTOMER, SEIZE EVERY OPPORTUNITY, and NEVER SETTLE. With these
concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce
supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams
are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan
Associates, your role would be unique and important as all our
employees are essential to building success with our clients and
our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named
consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan
Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by
investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates
product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of
the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors.
You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of
Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to
learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and
skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for
career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
IS THIS FOR ME?
* Are you motivated to solve complex problems in Supply Chain?
* Are you visionary and unconstrained in your thinking?
* Do you work with microservices/Service-Oriented Architecture?
* Do you have experience with architecting enterprise applications
from the ground up?
* Do you write high quality, well-tested code with a passion for
automation; you don t like doing the same thing twice?
* Do you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into
code and constantly innovating?
WHAT S THE BIG PICTURE?
Some of the important things you will do in this role:
* Provide technical leadership to a small group of software
* Develop detailed design specifications for multiple areas of a
software system (or database); responsible for the design and
implementation of complex frameworks and toolkits to be used across
multiple products (SCPP/CBO).
* Become familiar with all dependencies, interfaces and services
required by most areas of the software system.
* Determine optimal and efficient designs for multiple areas of the
* Lead development of multiple areas of the software system from
detailed design specifications.
* Develop and unit test assigned software areas following R&D
* Estimate and plan own work and the work of others in the
* Become the resident expert across multiple areas of the
* Evaluate software (or configuration) issues with many areas of
the system and resolves them in a timely manner.
* Implement changes to system assuring the changes do not introduce
* Keep abreast of improvements in software techniques and develop
some improvements on your own.
* Facilitate technology and skills knowledge transfer within the
team and beyond.
* Document all work.
* Ensure high quality software deliverables by leveraging
automation and tooling best practices.
WHAT S REQUIRED OF ME?
* Bachelor s or foreign equivalent degree in computer science,
engineering or a related technical field
* 7 years of experience developing, supporting, or implementing
* 5 years of experience with JSF technology
* 3 years of experience developing with Spring framework
* 5 years of experience developing enterprise-scale frameworks in
Java-based UI technologies
* 3 years of experience developing with Angular, Ionic, or other JS
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES IS AT THE FOREFRONT OF THE MOST INNOVATIVE
TECHNOLOGIES, IN A BUSINESS CASUAL ENVIRONMENT THAT PROVIDES PLENTY
OF OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH. WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON PROMOTING A
CULTURE THAT ENCOURAGES OPEN MINDS, FOSTERS SUPERIOR COMMUNICATION
AND CREATES NEW POSSIBILITIES. MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES IS AN EQUAL
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL
RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR,
RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL
ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR STATUS AS A VETERAN. IN THE UNITED STATES,
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES PARTICIPATES IN THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
VERIFICATION PROGRAM (E-VERIFY) OPERATED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF
HOMELAND SECURITY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE SOCIAL SECURITY
ADMINISTRATION. PARTICIPATION IN THE E-VERIFY PROGRAM ALLOWS
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES TO CONFIRM THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL
NEWLY HIRED EMPLOYEES AFTER THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
FORM (FORM I-9) HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
Keywords: Manhattan Associates, New Brunswick , Senior Principal Software Engineer, R&D, IT / Software / Systems , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!