1. Develop and apply Bioinformatics approaches for analysis of
data from high-throughput experiments conducted at IBX. Including
but not limited to - SNP and CNV detection by Genotyping,
Transcriptome profiling by Gene Expression Arrays and Genomic
analyses using RNA and DNA Sequencing experiments.
2. Provide UNIX system admin support such as server installation
and configuration, troubleshooting server problems such as
connectivity issues, software installation on servers, high
performance computing, parellelization of multiple computation
heavy tasks etc.
3. Develop tools in language of choice to assist biological data
4. Review of data delivery packets to clients for data integrity
per client requirements.
5. Develop and implement web-based application for management,
analysis and representation of different types of data, including
interface implementations of scientific algorithms and Laboratory
information management (LIMS) systems and to write comprehensive
6. Execute special projects as assigned and attend project
meetings as appropriate.
* Almost 50% of role will be systems admin support. I or other
team members need new software added - this person do that. Or add
new server. Connectivity issues - life science if there is
connectivity issue and need VPN help.
* Other 50% would be bioinformatics - data analysis. Packaging
data, data sent to clients, etc.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We
also know that an individual's success starts with the right career
opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at