The Vice President will be responsible for the overall
direction, leadership and operational management of the hospital
and Women's Services areas.
Essential Job Duties:
• Directs the continuous planning for the future Services
(herein referred s “Services”). Identifies goals and objectives;
creates opportunities for new programs and activities.
• Contributes to long-range strategic and financial planning and
development of programs to ensure high-quality Services at
• Collaborates with other executives to partner and facilitate
goals and objectives for the Services.
• Develops a climate of employee involvement and engagement.
Ensures that the hospital provides a climate in which employees are
managed fairly and equitably in accordance with personnel policy
and practice and that all institutional policies, procedures and
standards, and those of regulatory agencies are enforced.
• Responsible for the direction of the Services with full
authority necessary for the discharge of such responsibility.
• Develops and maintains a sound and efficient organization for
effective management, addressing both current and future
responsibilities and objectives.
• Ensures that Services are provided at the required level and
that quality services are provided, always cognizant of the
Hospital's commitment to patient care, education and research.
• Directs the Services to ensure a continuing effort to market
• Acts as spokesman for the Women and Children's health issues
in and to its various publics; develops and maintains constructive
relationships with affiliated organizations, appropriate government
departments and agencies, and all healthcare policy forums.
• Performs all duties inherent to managerial role. Participates
in hiring, training, evaluation and termination of assigned staff
according to hospital policies and procedures.
• Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
7+ to 10 years experience
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification
Demonstrated ability to manage a business or institution with a
solid understanding of financial
Experience in formalized business and strategic planning
Experience in state healthcare regulations and cost
Can partner with others and be a leader in displaying the values
expected by RWJUH.
Previous Children's Hospital Experience Required
Additional Information All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.