Postdoctoral Scientist (Computational Biology/Biophysics) - New Brunswick, NJ
Company: Kelly Services
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: April 25, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United
States for any employer without sponsorship.--Kelly Services is
seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist (Computational Biology/Biophysics)
to join their team in New Brunswick, NJ for a global
biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop,
and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over
serious diseases. Below are the details and required skills. For
immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to: as
well as apply online.--Postdoctoral Scientist-12 Months (contract -
W2)Pay Rate: TBD/BOE--Job Description:The Engineering Technologies
group in Drug Product Development at Confidential Company is
looking for a Post-Doctoral Fellow specializing in Computational
Biology/Biophysics. The successful applicant will develop and
implement new approaches for assessing the developability of
therapeutic proteins using formulation data and molecular-level
insights from modeling. The candidate will also be responsible for
interfacing with portfolio or matrix teams to identify and
prioritize problems that can be addressed with molecular modeling
and will then implement those approaches and disseminate relevant
insights back to the teams.--Responsibilities:
- Use static, software-driven atomistic modeling approaches to
assess antibody liabilities based on sequence and structure.
- Develop and/or implement novel molecular modeling approaches to
understand the role of excipients in protein drug product
formulations and their impact on typical liabilities such as
aggregation, viscosity, opalescence and oxidation.
- Collaborate with experimental colleagues to identify and
prioritize key business needs.
- Automate established molecular modeling workflows and integrate
them with cloud computing resources.
- Drive the publication of modeling results and present at
external conferences.--Qualifications & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Biophysics, Chemistry or other
science or engineering field with a focus on Molecular Dynamics
simulations of protein systems.
- Working knowledge of Molecular Dynamics software such as NAMD,
Gromacs, Amber, LAMMPS or OpenMM.
- Experience with MOE or Schrodinger also preferred.
- Extensive coding experience in Python, R, Java, C++ or Fortran
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of protein folding
and structure-activity relationship, protein/peptide chemistry,
chemical and physical stability.
- Knowledge of standard biophysical and biochemical analytical
tools used for protein characterization and development is
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, team-building, and
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills; able to distill
complex topics and present effectively to cross functional
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of
our expansive network of client companies.
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully
position yourself throughout every stage of your career.
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our
Kelly Learning Center, including accredited courses to obtain IT
certifications, as well as PDU-approved courses.
- Weekly pay.
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon
hire.*--Apply today!Refer a friend!--*Available for purchase and
administered by a designated third-party vendor. (52.07?/?)Why
Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier
scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people
just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream
jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job
searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters
have a professional background/education in science, so we know a
thing or two about the science market and how to get you
noticed.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, New Brunswick , Postdoctoral Scientist (Computational Biology/Biophysics) - New Brunswick, NJ, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!