VP of Business Development
Company: Hudson Group
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30
years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than
1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't
serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter
terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our
greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and
training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the
customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're
fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training,
skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow
and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
The VP of Business Development position is for you, if you would
• Managing a portfolio of businesses, regions, and
presenting/developing new opportunities for the Company
Your team is counting on you to:
• Exhibit confidence and professional diplomacy, while effectively
relating to people at all levels internally and externally.
• Ability to lead with cross-functional team members and
• Bring an established network of industry and relevant
• Strong management, planning, administrative and organizational
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Strong analytical, research skills.
• General understanding of lobbying, committees and federal
• Prospecting skills to break into new accounts and
• Generate innovative approaches to problems and situations.
• Ability to make effective decisions relative to complicated and
• Strong problem solving abilities, computer skills, and superior
communication skills required.
• Must be motivated top performer who works well within a team
VP of Business Development Key Accountabilities &
• Respects and works effectively with diverse people to accomplish
• Builds and maintains productive relationships.
• Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of others in detecting
underlying concerns, interests, or feelings, and uses that
understanding to develop effective responses to objections.
• Negotiates with others to reach agreements and/or solutions.
• Participates on and/or leads team(s) to accomplish goals and
• Promotes trust by exhibiting the willingness to be direct and
objective in providing feedback.
• Motivates team members to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Identifies information and/or problems that impact other work
units and proactively shares with appropriate persons. Follows-up
on referrals and self-generated leads for new business
• Plans prospect visits with appropriate team personnel
(operations, merchandising, facilities, finance, partner relations
• Makes presentations to prospective airport staff, Boards and
• Meets regularly with clients to assess level of satisfaction;
• Leads effort on the development and submittal of proposals and
responses for airport projects;
• Enhances and maintains business development skills through
participating in training programs as assigned;
• Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a
similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned
• Relevant industry experience preferably in an aviation
• Bachelor's degree
• This will be a remote-based position with the ability to travel
• Preferred advanced degree (i.e. MBA, JD, etc.)
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family
• Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
• Universal Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K &
• 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
• Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
• Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
• Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
For additional information on our benefits, please visit:
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified
individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to
age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an
inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique
experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of
background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including
the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this
position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any
position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out
Keywords: Hudson Group, New Brunswick , VP of Business Development, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!