UCHC Staff Nurse SWSP
Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Rutgers University Correctional Health Care is seeking a Full
Time Staff Nurse for the Southwoods State Prison, located in
Bridgeton, New Jersey. The Staff Nurse utilizes the nursing process
to meet a variety of health care needs with ambulatory care as a
primary focus for inmates in the New Jersey Department of
- Provides direct and indirect nursing care to meet
physiological, psychosocial and emotional needs of the
resident-patient including adolescents (13-17 years), adults (18 to
64 years) and their families within the framework established by
the correctional system.
- Performs assessments of resident-patient in a variety of
settings such as initial intake area, health care unit for sick
call, emergency situations in housing, chronic care clinics and
- Works with a variety of health care professionals and security
officers in a correctional environment.
- Identifies inmate-centered goals and nursing objectives and
implements prescribed interventions and solutions for the
- Plans nursing care by identification of resident-patient needs
based on assessments. Makes appropriate, timely referrals and
initiates appropriate nursing care based on institutional policies
- As team leader or charge nurse, delegates duties to other
health care team members based on their skill and knowledge.
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , UCHC Staff Nurse SWSP, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!