At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Staff Engineer - Intern, will provide functional support
across Global Engineering in support of Project Engineering and
Technical Solutions. In this role, the Staff Engineer, will work
closely with multiple functions such as maintenance, environmental
health & safety, information technology, and procurement to utilize
engineering and business skills to analyze, develop, and deliver
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The staff engineer intern will participate across Global
Engineering in support of Project Engineering & Technical
- Assist Project Managers and Capital teams to manage project
deliverables, meeting action items, schedule, documentation and
content in support of capital projects.
- Coordinate across project team members and stakeholders to
manage content, workflow, and approvals related to Request for
Information, Project Submittals, and Project governance
- Prepare technical documentation and calculations in support of
technical solutions and Design Standards
- Work closely with technical subject matter experts in support
of capital and reliability excellence activities.
Experiential & Educational Value (for Summer Intern)
The intern, at the conclusion of the summer term will be
expected to have experienced working in a global function, working
across multiple functional areas to deliver technical solutions for
either a project or business program with clear deliverables that
meet schedule, cost, and measurable outcomes and metrics.
What you will learn:
- Business Organization
- Good project management practices
- Multiple aspects of engineering, design & construction, and
facilities asset maintenance programs.
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work
from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are
currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work
remotely from within U.S. Borders. However, as the conditions
change through 2021, there may be an expectation that the candidate
be able to work at our New Brunswick, New Jersey location.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL
- College Undergraduate currently enrolled in Engineering
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during
program calendar year 2020 - 2021.
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible
for the program.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (June 2021- Aug 2021)
- Previous experience in some job duties listed, either through
course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership
Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- Experience or Major/ Career Focus in Facility Design,
Construction Management, Maintenance and Operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools ( Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Knowledge of CADD systems and applications
- Knowledge of Lean concepts preferred
- Experience with Digital Applications preferred (Sharepoint,
- Exposure to any hazardous/disagreeable conditions in the
- Travel - Locally in New Jersey or Massachusetts
- Remote Work Capability: Remote with limited on-site (New
- Overnight absences required: Minimal
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on
the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.