Senior Director, Lead, Established Brands Portfolio
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Established Brands (EB) Therapeutic Portfolio Leader is
responsible for the lifecycle/ value chain management of the
portfolio (approximately $2B in revenue). The leader will work with
individual brand Strategic Product Leaders and Lifecycle Leaders to
develop, own, and drive the integrated product supply and lifecycle
strategies for the portfolio. In doing so, the leader will manage
the complex interdependencies to ensure supply continuity, mitigate
risks, and optimize brand value. The portfolio leader will serve as
the primary contact for the portfolio within GPS, on behalf of GPS
with Commercial and Development Senior Leaders, and with Alliance
partners. This role will lead a team of professionals within iPS
and other functions across the matrix. The role should ensure
seamless communication to the functions, sites, and GPS leadership
to allow GPS to be ready to support future portfolio business
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the Product Strategy lead/ subject matter expert for
- Develop end of life strategies for the products in the EB
portfolio. Drive portfolio simplification through targeted
deletions and divestitures.
- Differentially manage the portfolio for value, ensuring
continuity of supply while minimizing escalations to
- Lead the Established Brands Management team, a key cross
functional team for governance and execution of end of life
strategies for established brands.
- Serve as the GPS alliance manager for any portfolio-related
- Partner with Corp BD and GPS BD on developing proposals for
product divestitures and oversee team support for divestiture
projects approved by Deal Review Committee.
- Develop GPS vision for the future portfolio, including an
integrated technical, quality, regulatory, and supply chain
- Collaborate with Commercial, Business Insights & Analytics, and
Demand Planning to understand commercial demand for the portfolio,
including underlying assumptions, brand interdependencies,
risk/opportunities, and upside/ downside triggers to ensure GPS is
in a position to supply. Cascade this information within GPS.
- Define required network and manufacturing capabilities,
investment choices, and timelines, driving the decision-making
process to allow GPS sufficient time to prepare.
- Oversee and advance effectiveness of brand matrix teams to
ensure development and execution of brand/ portfolio strategies,
effective prioritization of initiatives, appropriate risk
management, appropriate inventory targets, optimal physical and
financial supply chains, and effective coordination of CMC changes
with an effort to reduce fragmentation.
- Keep abreast of external applicable news and innovations,
including benchmarking GPS strategies and performance..
- Lead and develop staff to achieve professional growth and
attain established goals. Create a robust succession plan.
- B.S/ B.A. in science or engineering. Masters or advanced degree
- Strong knowledge of biologics and pharma.
- 15 years of experience in Operations or Supply Chain Management
leadership. Brand value chain management/ matrix leader preferred.
Business development experience a plus.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience with senior level interactions and influence.
- Strategic thinking to analyze ambiguous situations and develop
a vision/ direction.
- Strong communication skills; ability to concisely and clearly
communicate complex topics.
- Ability to influence and work in matrix environment.
- Strong leadership capability to make and act on decisions while
balancing speed, quality and risk.
- Advanced project management capabilities.
- Talent developer.
- Ability to provide innovative ideas to maximize value of
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on
the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with
disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process,
reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their
roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process
direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit
careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal
Employment Opportunity statement.
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, New Brunswick , Senior Director, Lead, Established Brands Portfolio, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!