UCHC Licensed Practical Nurse Per Diem SSCF
Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Rutgers University Correctional Health Care is seeking Per Diem
Licensed Practical Nurses for Southern State Correctional Facility,
located in Delmont, NJ.
The primary purpose of the Licensed Practical Nurse position is
to, in accordance with professional nursing standards, skillfully
administer total patient care based on the individualized needs of
assigned patients and families. Under the direction and supervision
of a Registered Nurse, provides technical nursing care to assigned
patients, performs treatments and procedures within established
guidelines, and provides a safe and therapeutic environment.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Participates in data collection related to the patients' status
- Provides input to Registered Nurse for incorporation into the
plan of care by communicating information pertinent to the
- Provides direct patient care within scope of practice to ensure
implementation of the plan of care.
- Informs and instructs patients/significant others on patient's
health/illness state and plan of care.
- Assists patient/significant other in preparation for discharge
and health maintenance in the home.
- Documents all aspects of patient care.
- Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , UCHC Licensed Practical Nurse Per Diem SSCF, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!