Lab Clerk - Part Time
Company: Saint Peter's Healthcare System
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Performs clerical and support duties for Laboratory, such as
specimen handling, release of patient information, etc.
* Assist with specimen pick-ups from various onsite locations.
* Receives and prepares specimens for technical and diagnostic
* Answers telephone calls for the department, relays results and
other information when requested.
* Prepares and maintains reagents necessary to carry out duties.
Keeps inventory of all reagents and informs supervisor of low
supplies. Unpacks, dates and stores incoming reagents in assigned
* Supplies appropriate specimen containers to doctors' offices,
nursing units and central supply. Replaces chemicals and reagents
on a daily basis.
* Assists with loading slides for staining and coverslipping.
* Performs daily and routine maintenance of histology equipment
(tissue processors, stainers, cryostats, and embedding
* Prepares tissues for disposal and responsible for chemical waste
* Assists with case assembly and case distribution to
* Performs daily reconciliation and filing of blocks and slides and
assists with pathology specimen archives.
* High school graduate with 1-2 years related laboratory experience
preferred. Associates Degree in biology or chemistry preferred.
* Knowledge of data entry required and use of Microsoft Office
* Ability to lift/lower 50lbs.
Keywords: Saint Peter's Healthcare System, New Brunswick , Lab Clerk - Part Time, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!