Senior Database Administrator- REMOTE
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: June 17, 2022
US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Who We Are
Guest Worldwide is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to
the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000
hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and
a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else
you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Guest
Worldwide is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54
billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage
distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide
and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world. For
more information, visit www.guestworldwide.com.
The Senior Database Administrator is focused on business-critical
data pipelines, maintaining, and optimizing current state as well
as leading the development of new data technologies and processes
to modernize infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be
responsible for ensuring successful building, replication,
transformation, and availability of business data from an Oracle
environment to a SQL Server environment, as well as ensuring the
availability of the data infrastructure web servers and SQL
servers. This position will be critical in helping evaluate current
data infrastructure and leading imitative to redesign for
centralization of data/logic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage the development and implementation of data
build and replication projects (ETL), as well all data projects
related to the Oracle database, PeopleSoft and SQL Server.
- Oversee the monitoring and support of SQL Servers for all
- Drive and manage all communication and milestones with the
Sysco BT team to ensure all applications are functional and
accessible 24/7. Identify areas for further collaboration and
- Collaborate with SaaS ecommerce development team to supply data
to support and enhance ecommerce applications.
- Lead data and logic initiatives across multiple departments and
systems to modernize /centralize infrastructure. Own data
environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the
development of new processes that support teams across the
- Review, analyze and evaluate databases systems, and user needs
to provide solutions. Implement and maintain database objects to
support current/future applications development.
- Recommend and maintain database best practices, continuously
evolving to meet the needs of the business while ensuring data is
secure and scalable.
- Ensure ecommerce roadmap objectives are met by gathering
requirements through collaboration with internal/external teams and
stakeholders and actioning against them in accordance with
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the daily activities &
performance of direct reports. Coach and develop direct reports in
the delivery of high productivity/quality work. Maintain a positive
and safe work environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 10+ years' experience in Database Administration.
- Expert level hands-on experience with MS SQL Server.
- 7-10+ years of experience with database platforms with
demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ELT development, and
- Self-starter who will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic
environment, comfortable and confident with making technical
- Skilled in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on
large scale data transformation.
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written
communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with
both business and technical teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment,
and drive progress.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, New Brunswick , Senior Database Administrator- REMOTE, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!