Tech Support - Onsite Role
Company: Vaco Financial
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Role Summary The Technical Support Specialist III will report to
the Director of IT Operations. This role will act as a quarterback
and liaison for our technical support teams. The Technical Support
Specialist III is tasked with assuring excellent IT service. A
Technical Support Specialist III is the face of our IT organization
and must demonstrate unparalleled customer service. This role will
support our specialty medical practices. Technical Support
Specialists collaborate with and direct a team of technical
experts, either remote or on-site, to satisfy client requests and
issues. The Technical Support Specialist III will coordinate all
technical projects from research and planning to implementation for
a practice, with the support of the rest of the
- Act as a liaison between our client and technical support
- Maintain regular client meeting cadence to discuss, present and
track technical projects/issues
- Annual creation, presentation, maintenance, and execution of
Technical Business Review (consult and inform)
- Participate in timely client communication and tracking when
emergency or escalated issues arise
- Maintain and contribute to documentation in ServiceNow.
- Directs team activities, lead, and manage team members
- Successfully follow protocols, processes and policies as
outlined and presented by leadership via email, training materials
and team meetings
- Operations of the day-to-day components of the Practice Service
Desk. This includes, but is not limited to, trouble ticket
resolution, technical customer service, and response to other items
related to technology operations.
- Proactively raise flags to the rest of the IT team on
potentially wider issues by keeping a pulse on incoming issues and
trending site topics.
- Responds to and resolves requests for assistance with computer
systems and provides superior customer support experiences for
- Logs and tracks problems; proactively maintains problem
tracking databases as part of the problem resolution process.
- Trouble-shoot and escalate customer issues for which tier 1
Service Desk is unable to resolve.
- Determines appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve
problems and coordinate with other technical areas as needed.
- Partners with product owners to ensure root cause analyses and
elimination of service disruptions.
- Provide feedback and updates to customers and other appropriate
teammates from start through resolution of enterprise-wide
- Ensures service support processes, procedures, SLA's,
performance metrics and service quality align with and exceed
- Helps to plan, test, and implement platform upgrades and
maintenance in partnership with product owners.
- Define and implement continuous improvements to the service
platform while identifying opportunities to leverage
- Create standards and procedures to support service desk
platform and processes.
- Build and maintain KPI measurements and reports to monitor
service desk performance
- Participation in on-call support
- Other duties as assigned and occasional travelKey Competencies
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for service
- An ability to think critically about systems and adjust as
- Proven experience of incident analysis, problem management, and
the ability to sustainably remove inefficiencies in the support
- Proven experience of change management and the ability to
qualitatively introduce updates to the technology operating
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be
influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- An ability to market and promote the service desk and to
advocate for necessary resources, support, and appreciation for the
- An ability to recognize service gaps and fill in as a utility
player as necessary to complete work and close tickets when service
requests spike or service desk resource availability is low
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software, and network
- Strong Project Management & Portfolio Management
- Strong technical ability with working knowledge of MS Servers,
SANs, Network Infrastructure
- Able to successfully multitask and prioritize service
- Experience with remote management of client computers and
- Strong knowledge for performing:
- Active Directory and Exchange user and group maintenance
- Virtual Environment Management of Exchange /O365, SQL server
management and understanding of various Microsoft Server products
(Hyper-V, VMWare, Remote Desktop Services, etc.)Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or healthcare related
field is preferred
- 4 - 5 years of experience in technology, service desk, and
- Healthcare related experience a plus
- ITIL certification a plus
- Basic certification in A+ and Microsoft Products is preferred;
education and/or demonstrated experience may be substituted
Keywords: Vaco Financial, New Brunswick , Tech Support - Onsite Role, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...