Ethicon R&D Co-op
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job Description for Ethicon Spring/Summer 2021 Co-op Position in
Biosurgery R&D Biosurgery platform in The Ethicon Franchise, a
member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting
for an R&D position located in Somerville, New Jersey. From
creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with
minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon has made significant
contributions to surgery for more than 60 years. Our continuing
dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our
commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care
issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical
technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy
devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treating
serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we
deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. Thriving on a
diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our
employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. A CO-OP full time position is available
within Biosurgery R&D which includes some or all of the
- The employee will conduct and support research efforts in the
field of Hemostats and Sealants.
- This individual will work with R&D scientists and engineers
to assist in preparation and testing of various concepts.
- This role has a particular focus on front-end research and new
product development in neurologic, spine and orthopedic surgical
specialties. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual will design and conduct experiments and perform
biochemical and analytical laboratory procedures including, protein
chemistry, polymer characterization, physical analyses, microscopy,
spectroscopy, and moisture analysis.
- Record data and observations in laboratory notebooks. Analyze
experimental data, interpret results, conduct statistical
comparisons and prepare technical reports.
- Individual will maintain laboratory equipment, reagents and
supplies. Prepare stock solutions and reagents, including weight
measurements and utilize a pH meter to prepare buffer
- Must comply with safety and GLP guidelines including
maintaining up to date training, following SOPs, maintaining
equipment, and proper documentation of lab notebooks and
- This individual should be able to communicate effectively (both
oral and written communication) with co-workers.
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to work independently
and as part of a team.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, New Brunswick , Ethicon R&D Co-op, Other , Raritan, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!