Group Counselor (Per Diem)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: Belle Mead
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Group Counselor (Per Diem)
CC Clinical Social Services
HMH Carrier Clinic Inc
Standard Hours Per Week
One Weekend a Month
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At
Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better,
healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a
culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning.
It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for
our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our
mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive
change. The Group Counselor provides therapeutic and recreational
group activities and leisure assessment and group counseling
services to assigned caseloads of patients.
A day in the life of a Group Counselor at Hackensack Meridian
Health includes: 1. Provides therapeutic activities/leisure
assessment and counseling services to assigned patient groups.
Groups are of a psycho educational nature and include: social and
recreational skills, grief counseling, substance abuse counseling,
creative expressions, stress management, coping skills and physical
2. Completes the Group Counselor Assessment of the patient within
48 hours of admission.
3. Provides a minimum of four therapeutic groups per day, an
evening group one day per week, and weekend groups on assigned
4. Participates in the Wellness Choices program to provide groups
on other units.
5. Understands and adheres to the organization's health and safety
6. Understands and adheres to all Hospital, Federal, State, and
Joint Commission requirements.
7. Assesses the patient's learning needs, readiness and barriers to
learning of patients and documents appropriately. Provides age
appropriate learning opportunities (individual and group) and
documents teaching and outcomes appropriately. Provides educational
materials that are specifically appropriate for the patient/family,
considering age, educational level, culture and disability.
8. Takes the lead in unit preparations for holiday
9. Provides information to the treatment team regarding the
patient's participation/progress in conducted groups.
10. Develops a plan of care for the patient that reflects the
assessed needs, strengths, preferences and goals, and stages in the
recovery process. Attends multidisciplinary treatment plan
conferences for assigned patients and works collaboratively with
members of the treatment team to assess.
11. Completes documentation of patient's progress toward achieving
goals in a weekly progress note, weekly treatment plan review or
revision and transfer or discharge summary in the context of
specific treatment objectives.
12. Participates in departmental meetings, unit meetings,
in-services, and other meetings as requested.
13. Maintains current knowledge in their field of specialization by
attending continuing educational programs/offerings.
14. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
15. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: 1. Bachelor's
degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
2. Minimum 1 year relevant work experience in a healthcare
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited
to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms. Education,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: 1. Masters Degree. If
you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths
and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, New Brunswick , Group Counselor (Per Diem), Other , Belle Mead, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!