Senior Counsel, Litigation
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Johnson& Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Litigation, to
be located inNew Brunswick, NJ.Caringfor the world, one person at a
time has inspired and united the people ofJohnson & Johnson for
over 125 years. We embrace research and science --bringing
innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health
andwell-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family
ofCompanies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of
over abillion people every day, throughout the world.With$81
billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's
mostcomprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care
products, as wellas a provider of related services, for the
consumer, pharmaceutical, andmedical devices and diagnostics
markets. There are more than 265 Johnson &Johnson operating
companies employing approximately 126,500 people and withproducts
touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout
theworld. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world,
Johnson& Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it
happen.Thrivingon a diverse company culture, celebrating the
uniqueness of our employees andcommitted to inclusion. Proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.ThisSenior Counsel position is for an
attorney within the Litigation Group of theLaw Department of
Johnson & Johnson. The responsibilities of this position are to
advise and represent thecompany concerning Complex Commercial
Disputes globally in all sectors, with anemphasis on US litigation
and international arbitration.As Senior Counsel, you will report to
the Assistant GeneralCounsel, Complex Commercial Litigation
Practice Group Lead, and:
- Provide advice concerning pre-litigationcommercial
- Provide advice regarding avoidance orinitiation of litigation
or arbitration as appropriate.
- Develop and implement affirmative litigationstrategies.
- Defend the company in litigation andarbitrations.
- Select and supervise outside litigationcounsel.
- Develop strategy and substantive tactics (inconsultation with
outside counsel) in litigation and arbitration.
- Retain and manage experts to support and/ortestify in
litigation and arbitration.
- Negotiate and manage legal budgets.
- Respond to third party subpoenas.
- Advise the company on commercial issues thatrelate to existing
or potential litigation or arbitrations.
- Provide advice across a broad range of civilmatters, including
contract disputes (e.g. licenses, supply agreements,
etc.);congressional inquiries; and administrative proceedings.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school is
- A minimum of 12 years of experience practicing as an attorney
- Extensive commercial litigation experience is required.
- The ability to master complex substantive legal frameworks,
including commercial, advertising, regulatory, tax, securities,
congressional investigations, and other substantive practice areas
is required. Experience in one or more of these practice areas is a
- The ability to work collaboratively with law department,
commercial, regulatory, medical affairs, finance, tax, and other
Johnson & Johnson colleagues is required.
- The ability to influence cross-functional partners and upper
management to impact decision making is required.
- The ability to have an opinion backed by insight and confidence
to influence stakeholders in meetings and on a one on one basis is
- Outstanding and clear communication skills, and the ability to
think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or
issues and articulate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely
- Business acumen with the ability to appropriately use judgment
and risk-taking is required.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical, medial device and/or
consumer industries is preferred.
- This position is based in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Up to approximately 10% international and domestic travel may
be required.Primary Location United States-New Jersey-New
Brunswick- Organization Johnson & Johnson (6067) Job Function
Corporate Law Requisition ID 4239190508
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick , Senior Counsel, Litigation, Other , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!