Service Maintenance Technician II
Company: The Community Builders Inc
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Service Maintenance Technician II The Community Builders, Inc.
(TCB) Join a growing organization that is strengthening
neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB)
is one of America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and
owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities
where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Service
Maintenance Manager, the Service Technician II is responsible for
promptly responding to all work orders, turnovers and property
maintenance needs, and performing repairs at the certified
technician level (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
Level II Service Technicians should have a high degree of building
trades knowledge, as demonstrated by certification at a technical
school, and at least 2 years of experience in a facilities
technician role. The Service Technician II is vital to the
successful maintenance of the property, through attention to
service that affects the overall cleanliness, appearance and
quality of the property and its presentation to its residents and
to the community. The successful candidate must have an excellent
customer service focus, and be able to work in a positive,
productive relationship with the other team members, and be
technically skilled to work independently. Essential Functions:
- Prepares and performs all necessary repairs to vacant
apartments for new residents.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of electrical,
plumbing, carpentry and HVAC, and repairs/replaces appliances as
needed. This includes but is not limited to: windows, doors, all
fixtures, painting, grout and tile work, keys and locks and grounds
maintenance including snow removal from walkways, parking lots and
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and complies with OSHA
- Responds to all service requests and on-call emergencies in a
timely and professional manner, as directed by the Community
Manager or Service Manager
- Assists in maintaining the exterior of the property daily to
provide clean and appealing curb appeal at all times.
- Inspect the property to insure that all is in order and Service
Manager is aware of any maintenance or safety issues
- Timely completion of work order requests and in accordance with
company policies and procedures. .
- Provide preventive maintenance for all buildings systems,
equipment and components.
- Prepare vacant units to be market ready within company
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Report to immediate supervisor any problems and/or issues
relating to safety or management of the property.
- Available for weekend work, on-call rotation and emergency
service call duties. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Basic computer skills, including industry software a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and
- Valid Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and
problem solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to
manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English,
bilingual skills a plus! Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of
the time. Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the
lights and ceiling fans
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 100 pounds across
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions. Education &
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some trade school
desired or 5 years of progressive responsibility in property
management, hospitality or retail experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of advanced hands-on repair experience at
Technician II level in one or more building trades
- Industry-Trade certifications/Degrees (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA, HVAC,
ETC) preferred The Community Builders, Inc., is committed to
ensuring diversity in its workplace, and applicants from diverse
backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. PM19
Keywords: The Community Builders Inc, New Brunswick , Service Maintenance Technician II, Professions , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!