Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position DetailsRecruitment/Posting Title Compensation
AnalystJob Category Staff & Executive - Human ResourcesDepartment
HR & Org EffectivenessOverviewRutgers, The State University of New
Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of
New Jersey's preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher
education. Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th
anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher
education institution in the United States. More than 70,800
students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the
public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the
world.Rutgers University-New Brunswick took root over 250 years
ago. We are the state's most comprehensive intellectual
resource-the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of
New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American
Universities. We are the region's most high-profile public research
institution and a leading national research center with a global
impact.Posting SummaryRutgers, The State University of New Jersey,
is seeking a Compensation Analyst for University Human Resources
(UHR). Under the general supervision of the Rutgers University
Human Resource Associate Director of Compensation, the Compensation
Analyst administers, gathers, analyzes and interprets job market
data, comparing it against new and existing positions to ensure
competitive pay practices across the university. This uses job
assessment guidelines, policies and governance to recommend the
placement of jobs in the appropriate salary structure, as well as,
participates in annual market salary surveys.
- Among the key duties of this position
are the following:
- Partners with Office of Labor Relations (OLR) to ensure we are
compliant with bargaining unit agreements as it relates to
- Partners with the Sr. Compensation Analyst to provide
analytical and tactical support for corporate-wide Compensation
- Collaborates with HR partners on salary determination for new
hires, promotions, transfers, and other compensation actions by
ensuring compliance with bargaining unit agreements and University
compensation policies, guidelines and processes.
- Assists with drafting plans and communications designed to
provide stakeholders with timely and accurate information regarding
- Partners with compensation team with development of proposals
and presentations referencing compensation programs (including
market data and appropriate pay levels/targets) to influence and
educate senior level decision-makers.
- Provides assistance and support the continued development,
rollout and maintenance of Job Architecture.
- Monitors the job evaluation process to analyze job content,
focusing on responsibilities and required skills & knowledge level
needed to fulfill the position and determine appropriate grade
level within the University compensation structure based on market
competitiveness and internal compare across the University for a
- Assist the Sr. Compensation Analyst with analyzing results of
surveys to determine internal impact.Position Status Full TimeHours
Per WeekDaily Work Shift DayFLSA ExemptGrade 04Position
SalaryAnnual Minimum Salary 50914.000Annual Mid Range Salary
64445.000Annual Maximum Salary 77976.000Standard Hours 37.50Union
Description Administrators ConfidentialPayroll Designation
PeopleSoftBenefitsInformation about the benefits provided to
Rutgers employees can be found at:
UnitTerms of Appointment Staff - 12 monthPosition Pension
Eligibility ABPMinimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business
Administration, Organizational Development, Psychology, or a
related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in Compensation
practices: compensation programs, job evaluation, market pricing
methodology, compensation modeling and advanced analytics and
project management preferably in a higher education and/or
healthcare environment.Certifications/LicensesRequired Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently under general direction.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information,
and to manage conflict and highly complex situations and
relationships are essential.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and
be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing
- Ability to deliver creative solutions and be a critical
- Solid understanding of HR systems - PeopleSoft and vendor
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability
to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A consultative relationship with management at all levels.
- Possess applicable knowledge in federal and state regulatory
- Knowledge of Bargaining Unions.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) strongly
preferred.Equipment UtilizedPhysical Demands and Work Environment
- --- Standing, sitting, walking,
talking and hearing. --- No special vision requirements.
- Ability to lift or exert force up to ten (10) pounds.Special
ConditionsPosting Number 20ST2007Posting Open Date
11/06/2020Special Instructions to ApplicantsRegional Campus Rutgers
University-New BrunswickHome Location Campus Cook (RU-New
Brunswick)Location DetailsNew Brunswick NJ 08901Supplemental
QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human
Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational
Development, Psychology, or a related field or an equivalent
combination of education and/or experience?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in
Compensation practices: compensation programs, job evaluation,
market pricing methodology, compensation modeling and advanced
analytics and project management preferably in a higher education
and/or healthcare environment?
- NoApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of ApplicationOptional Documents
- List of Professional References (contact Info)
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , Compensation Analyst, Professions , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!