Company: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position DetailsRecruitment/Posting Title Data AnalystJob
Category Staff & Executive - Information TechnologyDepartment
Inst-Hth,Hth Care Pol&Agng ResOverviewRutgers, The State
University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university
and the state of New Jersey's preeminent, comprehensive public
institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrated
a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth
oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than
70,800 students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve
the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the
world.Rutgers University-New Brunswick took root over 250 years
ago. We are the state's most comprehensive intellectual
resource-the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of
New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American
Universities. We are the region's most high-profile public research
institution and a leading national research center with a global
impact.Posting SummaryRutgers, The State University of New Jersey,
is seeking a Data Analyst for the Community Health and Aging
Outcomes (CHAO) Lab, within the Institute for Health, Health Care
Policy & Aging Research. The Data Analyst provides data analytic
support to a large program of research and will construct
statistically advanced programs in SAS and other software to allow
analysis of data from large and sensitive healthcare
administrative, assessment, and claims datasets. This position
works with investigators and senior staff to implement statistical
programming and data analyses for population health research.
- Among the key duties of this position
are the following:
- Provides data, programming, analytical support, and manages the
day-to-day operation of research projects (working closely with
project manager to develop project workflows and data
- Responsible for review and cleaning of data, constructing
analytic variables, and documenting methods and procedures to
facilitate data analysis and replication.
- Applies and interprets appropriate statistical modeling
methods; develop and maintain analytic work plans and
documentation; and participate in preparation of results for
- Provides high level analytical, technical and methodological
input to grant applications.
- Extracts subsamples from larger administrative and/or survey
datasets and merge or concatenate multiple data sets, as needed for
further analysis, in accordance with project objectives.
- Performs other duties as required in support of the lab's
research mission.Position Status Full TimeHours Per WeekDaily Work
ShiftFLSA ExemptGrade 06Position SalaryAnnual Minimum Salary
67333.000Annual Mid Range Salary 85227.000Annual Maximum Salary
103121.000Standard Hours 37.50Union Description Admin Assembly
(MPSC)Payroll Designation PeopleSoftBenefitsInformation about the
benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at:
UnitTerms of Appointment Staff - 12 monthPosition Pension
Eligibility ABPMinimum Education and Experience
- Master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics,
health informatics/IT, economics or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of data management and analysis
experience in a social science, health services, or policy
environment and/or training in advanced research
methods.Certifications/LicensesRequired Knowledge, Skills, and
- Proficiency with SAS statistical software and advanced
knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Ability to build and/or adapt complex programs (e.g.,
trajectories of care setting) for innovative uses; requires the
ability to understand and revise sophisticated bio-statistical
- Ability to develop and maintain clear and organized
- Ability to effectively interpret supervisor's directions, and
communicate progress and problems in a timely way.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in making critical
- Capacity to create visually appealing and understandable
presentation of data.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Must work productively and cooperatively with project team
members in a highly collaborative, supportive environment.
- Must have exceptional time management skills and the ability to
effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and
- Possess strong "data hygiene" skills with an understanding of
best practices for validating their own programs and output as well
as being able to replicate and validate the work of other
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills, who takes
initiative and enjoys making sense of complex data, has strong
attention to detail and scientific curiosity.
- Good collaborator, with the ability and motivation to progress
rapidly in assimilating and applying advanced techniques in
statistical analysis and programming.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with Medicare/Medicaid administrative,
assessment, claims, encounter and other health utilization
- Experience calculating quality measures and health indices
(i.e. CMS or AHRQ Quality Indicators and Elixhauser comorbidity
- Extensive knowledge of data management and manipulation using:
SAS, Stata, SQL, Python, R, Excel, ArcGIS, Tableau).
- Experience working within CMS VRDC and/or GitHub
- Software packages such as SAS, R, Stata, SPSS and other
specialized software for statistical programming and complex data
manipulation.Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office environment, including some telecommuting (must have
ability to work productively from home)Special ConditionsPosting
Number 20ST2287Posting Open Date 12/14/2020Special Instructions to
ApplicantsRegional Campus Rutgers University-New BrunswickHome
Location Campus Rutgers University - New BrunswickLocation
DetailsNew Brunswick, NJ 08901Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields
are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a Master's degree in biostatistics,
epidemiology, statistics, health informatics/IT, economics or a
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of data management
and analysis experience in a social science, health services, or
policy environment and/or training in advanced research methods?
- NoApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of Professional References (contact Info)Optional
Keywords: Rutgers University, New Brunswick , Data Analyst, Professions , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!