Data Science Sr Analyst-Medical Device
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Johnson & Johnson - one of the 2 AAA rated companies, and the Top
10 companies in US - is transforming around Technology & Analytics
to enable J&J to innovate faster and to compete more
effectively, making science and technology equal partners in
building the future of Johnson & Johnson,. The Data Science Sr.
Analyst, Commercial, is part of the transformation within J&J
Enterprise Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for
data lifecycle management - ingestion, contextualization, feature
engineering and operationalization and partner with data scientists
to build and deliver digital solutions. The individual would be
responsible contextualizing different volumes and variety of data
including image, audio, unstructured and structured data to make it
'consumption ready' for analytics and insights. This individual
will be responsible for managing the data lifecycle to support
analytical "solutions" to provide competitive advantage to J&J
in the healthcare space - and will be a part of a dynamic and
growing team. This role will also be responsible for bringing a
broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity
to invent and customize when necessary and learning and deploying
leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the
business needs to drive results and identify opportunities. This
individual will drive business impact by solving unique problems
thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous
improvement methodologies and change management in a cross
- Advanced degree in STEM or related discipline, e.g. statistics,
operations research, computer science, mathematics; computer
science degree highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field with 3-5 years of work
experience in relevant field OR
- Master's in relevant field with 1-3 years of relevant work
experience in data analysis or related field.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods
and applied statistical packages as applied to data analysis within
open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required
- Strong demonstrated understanding of data lifecycle required
around data ingestion (ingest data from disparate systems into
cloud computing environment), data contextualization (merging large
data sets, developing algorithms to merge and clean data); data
insights and analytics is required
- Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets and understanding
of data analysis workflows is required.
- Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed
computing (e.g. MapReduce, HIVE, HADOOP) is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing data in
cloud computing environment (AWS or MS Azure) highly
- Proven communication and influence skills are required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data
analysis workflows is required.
- Prior experience in one or more of relevant commercial areas
(market research, pricing, contracting, market mix, commercial
effectiveness) strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of Statistics as applied to data analysis
and experience with statistical packages is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization and workflow
software is preferred.
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick , Data Science Sr Analyst-Medical Device, Professions , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!