Driver - Yard Jockey
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Drives and operates a shuttle truck and/or semi-truck to transport
trailers to appropriate location(s) on the premises in observance
of traffic and safety regulations.
• Chocks rear wheels of vehicle prior to any loading or unloading,
and removes same chocks prior to driving away. Operates trailer and
dock doors and removes and/or installs safety devices as needed or
• Ensures truck(s) and trailer system(s) are secure and in working
order, including seals, jacks, and doors, by performing service
duties such as checking oil, water, fuel, and air levels in tires
and truck seals. Reports any maintenance needs or equipment
malfunctions to appropriate supervisor and maintenance
• Loads and unloads truck(s) and railcar(s) by using forklift,
pallet jack, or dock loader, and moving product onto and/or off of
pallet in correct position following instructions for equipment
operation. Reports faulty equipment, damage to racks, and other
safety hazards to appropriate supervisor.
• Obtains and maintains necessary paperwork and related records,
inventories product(s) as needed or as necessary, and labels,
sorts, wraps, and/or ties product using proper equipment and
• Maintains a work area free and clear of loose debris, wood,
plastic and other obstacles which may impede operations, and sweeps
work area as needed or as necessary.
• Performs other driving and/or warehouse-related duties as
required or as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• May require current and valid forklift certification.
• No more than one (1) moving violation citation such as reckless
driving or speeding in excess of fifteen (15) miles above the
posted speed limit within the previous twelve (12) months, and no
more than three (3) within the previous three (3) years.
• No DUI citations.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Successful passing of background screen, pre-employment drug
test, and other required physical and medical examinations.
• Demonstrated ability to enter and exit truck as well as hook and
unhook trailering equipment.
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal and customer
service communication skills sufficient to read and interpret
shipping invoices and other warehouse documents and partner with
customers and other co-workers.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills sufficient to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
sufficient to complete required papers and documents.
• Demonstrated possession and application of reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, and speaking skills necessary
to interact and respond to customers, co-workers, and management
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a
fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change
regularly while maintaining accuracy. Demonstrated ability to
self-start with little or no direction preferred.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to sit for long periods of time in a
vehicle. Also must be able to repeatedly and quickly adjust vehicle
controls to exact positions for several hours per day.
• Demonstrated manual dexterity and coordination of two (2) or more
limbs with normal movements while sitting, standing, or lying down.
This does not involve performing the activities while the whole
body is in motion.
• Demonstrated ability to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to
complete assigned tasks. Must be able to visually identify details
• May be required to carry loads related to travel and occasionally
lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to fifty (50)
• Demonstrated ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues
without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• Demonstrated judgment skills sufficient to identify which of
several objects is closer or farther away and to accurately
ascertain distance between self and other objects.
• Demonstrated ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely
to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only
recognizing there is a problem.
• Demonstrated ability to tolerate environments that may have
temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW
Keywords: Americold, New Brunswick , Driver - Yard Jockey, Professions , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!