Patient Care Technician Training Program
Company: Saint Peter's Healthcare System
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: January 22, 2023
**Next class starts 1/16/2023**What is a Patient Care Technician
(PCT)?A Patient Care Technician is someone who works in
collaboration with a Registered Nurse to provide quality, hands-on
patient care based on the individualized needs of the patients and
their families. PCTs provide for the patient's hygiene, comfort and
safety.How to Become a PCT at Saint Peter's Healthcare SystemSaint
Peter's Healthcare System offers an 80-hour training program for
individuals interested in becoming a PCT but do not have the
required certifications or experience. Saint Peter's will pay you
to complete the training program.About the PCT Training
ProgramSaint Peter's free 80-hour Patient Care Technician Program
consists of both in-classroom and hands-on training. Training
programs are limited to 10 participants to ensure each participant
receives ongoing feedback and gains the necessary skills and
knowledge to excel in their role.The training program can be
completed on a full-time or part-time basis to fit your
schedule.Want to learn more? Apply online and a representative will
reach out to you.Why Become a PCT at Saint Peter's Healthcare
- Flexible schedules to fit your lifestyle
- Ongoing education
- Advancement opportunities
- BenefitsThe Patient Care Technician will:
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), patient
transfers, and discharges, monitorbasic physiological parameters as
delegated by the RN.
- Provide age specific care as directed by RN.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of patient care by
communicating all information pertinent to patient's status.
- Provide direct patient care in accordance with the Plan of Care
as appropriate to the ages of the patients served including growth
and development through the life cycle factors (Neonates,
Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatrics) and an
understanding of the range of treatment needed by these
- Provide for patient hygiene, comfort and safety.
- Report all necessary information and/or unusual occurrences of
an urgent nature as they develop.Requirements:
- Career interest in healthcare is preferred.
- Must have the ability to complete two week in-person training
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Flexible schedule preferred.
Keywords: Saint Peter's Healthcare System, New Brunswick , Patient Care Technician Training Program, Professions , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!