Sr. Project Manager (I.T./Construction)
Company: OpenTV/Nagra USA
Location: New Brunswick
Posted on: September 14, 2019
SKIDATA Group, headquartered in Salzburg, Austria, is a global
leader in access control solutions. Almost 10,000 SKIDATA systems
guarantee quick and secure access for people and vehicles in: , , ,
, , and . The foundation of SKIDATA s success is on the one hand
based on the more than 1,500 dedicated and skilled employees and
the clear focus on research and development. On the other hand, the
company stands for responsibility and sustainability and benefits
from the global network of the Swiss Kudelski Group. SKIDATA and
its 23 subsidiaries and countless partners are present in more than
95 countries. Job Title: Sr. Project Manager Location: New
Brunswick, NJ (coverage area is Northeast U.S.) Travel: 80% within
the Northeast U.S. What you'll be doing: The Senior Project Manager
is responsible for setting and driving the strategy to meet agreed
objectives for project management. The Senior Project Manager
oversees installation projects in managing, directing, and
controlling all phases of project management to ensure quality
standards, budgets and agreed upon timelines are achieved. The
Senior Project Manager mentors and coaches Project Coordinators and
Project Managers. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the
engineering and administration from order to handover to internal
and external customer. The Project Manager is responsible for the
technical content, completeness and quality of the project file
from start to handover including test documents. The Senior Project
Manager must have technical knowledge of the sold and implemented
solutions to support the planning of the project activities and
resources. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching and guidance of Project Managers within
- Identify and coordinate resources, both internal and external
to company to ensure timely completion of project tasks and
- Constantly evaluate projects during all periods of project
lifecycle to monitor and provide remediation to maintain project
- Develop and ensure an effective project and team communication
strategy and ensure compliance.
- Build and implement project related best practices.
- Sets and drives the strategy to meet agreed objectives for
- Mentors and coaches Project Coordinators and Project
- Receive requests via phone, email, or ERP system and respond
accordingly, while ensuring proper demonstration of tact and
discretion to matters of importance; effectively prioritize project
related issues and respond accordingly.
- Understand scope of work contract documents, including drawings
and specifications, design and contracts, as well as regulatory
requirements associated with the
- Quickly gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities
of key project stakeholders for each project and develop an
understanding of the role that SKIDATA is to serve in the Ensure
understanding of internal SKIDATA departmental roles for the
project as well as the project owner, operator, managers,
executives, subcontractors and County or City involvement. Maintain
project stakeholder and distribution list identifying levels of
involvement and communication level to ensure project documents are
distributed to the correct stakeholders.
- Develop reporting procedures to support project
- Assist in the development and maintenance of construction
project schedules using Critical Path Management (CPM) Continually
update schedule and provide client and stakeholders with Look Ahead
schedules as project requires.
- Works with project field team to understand, assist, support
and track all work, task and project assignments and
- Maintain administrative control of projects through company ERP
Ensure accuracy and timeliness of transactions for labor,
materials, and miscellaneous transactions.
- Review and post labor/cost incurring transactions for field
staff daily through ERP
- Responsible for providing knowledgeable solutions to resolve
customer, technician, and accounting concerns.
- Organize and chair project progress meetings with client and
project stakeholders weekly or bi-weekly, in-person or through
phone meeting Schedule project follow up or individual side bar
meetings as a result of any topics addressed through progress
meetings as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor project subcontractors, per set
procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Manage contractual requirements to recognize a change order
opportunity and ensure billing opportunities are
- Plan and budget all projects to ensure all equipment,
materials, labor, miscellaneous items (sales and use tax, freight,
raw materials for metal fabrication), and subcontractor costs
- Effectively and efficiently manage schedule for
- Compile and report weekly internal project budget updates for
current project(s) for distribution to management on all open or
- Purchase and procure any equipment, materials and needs field
team has requested by working with Purchasing/ Warehouse Manager
and Installation/Construction Manager to secure approval and
purchase Accurately maintain documentation of procurement
activities in ERP system.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff and vendors to fulfill orders
and determine estimated time of Communicate information to client
and technicians regularly. Main Peers & Contact Points:
- Clients and project stakeholders
- Purchasing, Warehouse staff, Warehouse Manager and Construction
- Field Technicians, Service Advisors and project subcontractors
- Project Coordinators and Project Managers Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree and Professional Project Manager (IPMA)
certification, preferred. LEED Accreditation, a Any trade license
or certification, a plus. Example, Master Electrician, Electrical
Apprentice, etc. a plus.
- 5 7 years of qualifying experience working as a Project Manager
in the construction or trade Or an acceptable equivalent
combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Understand and have general working vocabulary of construction
- Demonstrates extensive professional expertise and methodical
competencies of project management.
- Knowledge of general construction trade and subcontractor
- Knowledge of AIA documents and billing method practices, a
- Knowledge of construction site OSHA requirements. Must be
willing to travel to customer locations, when necessary.
- Must be able to create simple, critical path method schedules.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints or drawings -- at least at
a beginner level.
- Excellent time management skills are required. Ability to
multi-task and prioritize are essential.
- Demonstrate strong skills in organization, analytical thinking,
professionalism, problem solving, supply management, inventory
control, and verbal/written communication.
- An advanced skillset level of Microsoft Office Suite especially
with Excel, Word and Outlook. Advanced working knowledge of MS
Project is required.
- Knowledge of Adobe and Google or other Internet navigation
tools, a plus
- Experience with Visio, a plus. Social & Personal Competencies:
- Must possess strong analytical skills; with a flair for
- Able to apply common sense and understanding when dealing with
internal and external staff as well as while following through with
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills;
strong to excellent writing skills are required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with all levels of staff
and project stakeholders, from subcontractors to Executives.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills (with internal
and external) is a must.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
and be able to change priorities based on such changing needs while
maintaining a calm professional demeanor.
- Able to work independently while keeping others informed of
your processes and progress. If you are a self-starter who can work
independently, but also enjoy contributing to a small team, we d
like to hear from you! SKIDATA recognizes people as our most
valuable asset! Our competitive salary and strong benefits package
includes 401k, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, paid
sick time and vacation, paid personal time and paid company
holidays. SKIDATA is a member of the group of companies affiliated
with the Kudelski Group. To learn more about SKIDATA, Inc. visit: .
SKIDATA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate in employment and qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin or age. - provided by Dice
Keywords: OpenTV/Nagra USA, New Brunswick , Sr. Project Manager (I.T./Construction), Professions , New Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!